Safety Rules for all exhibitors at Steam-Era
- A responsible operator must be in charge of all operating equipment and unsafe practices or conditions will result in a verbal warning and or shutdown a by a safety officer. With a second warning the operator will be asked to shut the equipment down and/or leave the show.
- All engines must be shut down for gas or diesel refueling. No smoking within 10 feet of a fuel area. Fuel must be stored safely in an approved container.
- Mini bikes, motor bikes and bicycles are not allowed on grounds except as: Antique Exhibits. Golf carts, gators or aids for handicapped are exempt but must be operated at restricted speed and only with occupants for which vehicle is designed.
- All dogs on the show grounds must be leashed and muzzled, if required, and the handler must clean up after their animal.
Licensed Cars and Trucks
Operators must hold valid drivers license.
All working machinery displays must be cordoned off by the operator or by the responsible chairperson.
- Riders or passengers on all tractors are not recommended. Passengers sitting on fenders, standing near open wheels or on a tow bar are prohibited. A confined child may be permitted.
- All operators must be 16 years or older. Lawn tractors without working mowers (belts and blades removed) can be operated by anyone under 16 when accompanied by an adult riding or walking beside or in front of the tractor and only in designated areas.
- Maximum speed is a walking pace or 5 MPH.
- All operators of large tractors, where visibility is limited to the front or side, must have an extra person on board to watch areas not visible to the operator. Steam traction engines must have two operators when moving.
All equipment operating on any highway or roadway to or from the show and The Downtown Parade must conform to the Highway Traffic Act.
All steam traction engines and all boilers must be operated to current TSSA regulations with inspection certificates and registrations posted on engine.
All exhibitors must have $1,000,000 minimum liability insurance and should carry proof of insurance while at the show. A copy or letter from the insurance company can be left at headquarters.
- I hereby state that I have the required minimum liability Insurance of $1,000,000.
- I have received, read and will adhere to the above safety rules.
Signature ________________ Date ____________